lol Do anybody else's birds do this?

practic

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 14, 2014
Dallas, Texas

My cots do this a lot... It funny. Some times they lay on their sides with their feet stretched out behind them. Some times on their chest. Is this normal behavior? If so, does anyone know the purpose of this?
Thanks! :)

I've seen this sometimes in the summertime, when they feel just as hot and lazy as we do. I can't tell where you are (no profile info yet), so what's the weather like there?
If it might be something else, I'm confident others will jump in to help answer your question.
big_smile.png

And by the way,
welcome-byc.gif

Yeah I'm with everyone else. Totally normal, happy, relaxed, and dust bathing type behavior. If they're doing it all the time and have their mouths open and it's hot out overheating could be a possibility too.

I'm in Dallas tx. Weathers been in the 60s and 70s during the day... I was just wondering because I have a cage with bobs nearby and I have never seen them to that, the cots do it all the time. Thx y'all!

mine are just chicks at this point (2.5 week old texas a&m's) but they've done it since they were tiny and still do. They seem very happy and relaxed when they do it, so that's what I take that behavior as :)

hope

Haha Yeah, mine does it all the time. It freaked me out a little the first time I saw him do it especially since he was sick when I first got him. He's healthy now and still does that, so I'm glad to know it is normal.

Back
Top Bottom