Lola's outside and walking normally! YAY!!!!

I usually put vitamins in their main water source. It works and keeps them healthy.
thumbsup.gif

I have some poultry nutri-drench I got at TSC...the vet looked at it and said there are NO B vitamins in it....thus the shot. He said there was some powdered form of B but it's like $150!!! I gotta find something with B in it as well. He said it was fine though.

Give your chickens Poly-vi-sol, or baby vitamins with NO iron in it. You can get it at Safeway and other places.
smile.png
It has B vitamins in it.

Last edited:
Will do, thanks Jersey G!!!! I was looking around on Jeffers...have you had any experience with Rooster Booster? I was thinking of ordering some of that since it was so high vit. B. In the meantime, how much poly-visol without iron per gallon r u using?

When gave ours poly-vi-sol we gave 1 squirt per gallon (which around 5ml ). I have used rooster booster before it makes my chickens more active it seems
smile.png

Yes, except it's pretty expensive sometimes, and chickens love it so they devour it fast. Poly-vi-sol is good to stick with for now, but if your chickens are still having symptoms i'd recommend Rooster Booster.
smile.png

So I just brought in Nugget..she's been pretty lethargic. Not very hungry, a bit puffed up, can't tell about her tail as she hasn't grown those back in but what is back there doesn't look very upright to me. When I went to pull her out of the coop I felt her abdomen for and thinking maybe eggbound but didn't feel anything. She certainly did not want me to take her out of the coop but I felt she needs to be inside and warm and quiet till I figure this out. She also can keep Lola company. She is no where near as bad as Lola but she's def. not normal. Still molting a bit but not hard at all..no bare spots at least.

Anyway, Lola is maybe a bit better today? I moved her crate into a bathroom we don't use much and covered the floor with newpaper. She can go in the crate or walk around etc... She was up and out but I noticed her standing and leaning her weight on the wall while she was preening herself. Her toes aren't as curled up as before so that is improvement. She's eating and pooping more which is good. I'm giving her pedialite as well.

So maybe with a buddy in there they can both feel a little more comfy and get well really soon. Oh, and I did get the poly vi sol...Giant Foods stopped carrying it a month or so ago...had to go to CVS. I don't think she likes the taste though...def hates the pedialite. I'll post of pic of the girls tomorrow.

Thank you all so much for your support through this, it's been pretty scary and pretty hard to deal with but we are muddeling through thanks to all your great support and advice. I just love you all and this board! Thank goodness for BYC! Not only is there interesting and educational stuff, but fun stuff too.

Back
Top Bottom