Lone Guinea

hattie13

Chirping
Oct 7, 2015
Hi everyone, sadly we lost our five year old rooster this morning. Even more sadly, he left behind his best friend, a lone guinea hen. She is lost without him and spent much of the day crying out for him. I am hesitant to try to rehome her as we really adore her (more of a pet than just a bird) and people here place very little value on guineas. I’m wondering if she can live (happily) as a flock of one? Is there anything that we can do to make her happy during this transition period?

Hi everyone, sadly we lost our five year old rooster this morning. Even more sadly, he left behind his best friend, a lone guinea hen. She is lost without him and spent much of the day crying out for him. I am hesitant to try to rehome her as we really adore her (more of a pet than just a bird) and people here place very little value on guineas. I’m wondering if she can live (happily) as a flock of one? Is there anything that we can do to make her happy during this transition period?
Guineas are flock birds. Either rehome her to where she can be with other guineas or get more guineas yourself.

Oh that’s so sad! Let us know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom