lonely goose with ducks?

I bought a pair of chinese geese at a sale and turns out they are both male!
They get along really well and do not pay much attention to my ducks. You should get at least 2 or more....
big_smile.png

i have one goose i got on sunday. i kept her in the pen to let her get adjusted. my ducks were hanging out outside the pen talking to her. i let her out tuesday and she has been running with the ducks ever since. they seem to like her and she seems to like them. she walks in line with them, forages with them and sleeps with them. she's also alot quieter now. i don't know, i think from my experience anyway, that they would be fine companions. i might get her boyfriend later on but for now everyones happy.

one of the people i house sit for have 3 geese.. 2 hang out with eachother.. but the other thinks its a goat. no joke. it wont even look at the other geese.. it hangs with the goats all day and participates in goat activitys with the other goats.. its the funniest thing i have ever seen.. it even sleeps with the goats. and on top pf that it wont eat the goose food.. only the goat food.. so i guess that u dont have to nesisarily get it another goose to hang with.. any companion will do.. LOL

ducks and geese motto - if you cant be with the one you love, you love the one your with.

I think they are happier with other geese but i dont think they are unhappy with just ducks. Some of my geese like to hang with the ducks. My toulouse seems to love pekins, he gets in with the group and seems to enjoy their company. The brown chinas dont care for the ducks and keep to themselves. It probably more of an individual personality choice .

Quote:
I hope it works out the same for me when I pick up the goose

i think it will be fine. just put the goose in a pen so the ducks can get use to it through the fence for a few days like that. then release! i hope they do as well as mine did. they are so cute together.

Back
Top Bottom