Lonely Hen

MagicL

Chirping
Feb 14, 2023
North Central Arkansas
Hi everyone. I have 2 coops and 15 hens. 14 of the hens all crowd into 1 coop! The one lonely girl insists on going into the 2nd coop but is there by herself all night. When we had the cold temps, we picked her up and made her join the others just for the warmth. It’s milder now so tonight we left her by herself, but I feel bad for her. She is not an outcast when with the others and there are no signs of her being bullied. Any suggestions ?

Hi everyone. I have 2 coops and 15 hens. 14 of the hens all crowd into 1 coop! The one lonely girl insists on going into the 2nd coop but is there by herself all night. When we had the cold temps, we picked her up and made her join the others just for the warmth. It’s milder now so tonight we left her by herself, but I feel bad for her. She is not an outcast when with the others and there are no signs of her being bullied. Any suggestions ?
If she insists on using the other coop, then that's where she must be most comfortable and happy.

Some do not want to be with the others. If she's not being bullied/picked on, is eating/drinking and active, then I would let her chicken on.

If she insists on using the other coop, then that's where she must be most comfortable and happy.

Some do not want to be with the others. If she's not being bullied/picked on, is eating/drinking and active, then I would let her chicken on.
Thanks! This helps a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom