Lonely serama! Help please

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
OKAY, let me dive to the point here

i have a serama about 1 yo, layer. She is SO sweet with humans, so docile, so calm, not noisy at all, and loves attention, just likes to be held.

but, i cant give her all the attention she needs, shes lonely and by herself and obviously thats awful if i cant hang out with her as much as she needs, im well aware she needs friends, i want to buy some more seramas.

however here is the issue. Seramas, or heck, most tiny breeds in general are expensive, i paid $50 for mine, they can be even in the $100s! But ill tottally get her some, for friends, breeding, showing, pets, all that, 100% worth it to me, problem is though, she is aggressive to other chickens! She doesnt actively go after them usually, its just if they enter her bubble, like for example, some small bantom silkies that are like 4 months old, theyre sweet, mind their own busines, but she has started to pick fights with her feet up in the air with the rooster! My point is, she isnt the nicest! And picks fights with other chickens

in a sum up, she acts so lonely, seems and looks like she needs friends, but she is pretty aggressive with other chickens, i dont want to use $100s of bucks buying seramas just to seperate them and have the same issues! I know many people dont have a ton of seramas, but i dont have the time to give her that much love, i atleast want her to have 1 friend, hopefully 2 at minimum! would this work out? should i get more seramas or no? help! Im so confused..

Hi @Chicken poppy !

Do you know if she will get broody? In case she does, you could purchase some Serama hatching eggs for her and she will get her own kind of company right from the start without any integrating issues.
She actually does get broody! She has maybe 4 times sense ive owned her now? broody a few days ago.

i just didnt know if thats the best way to do it, but maybe that could be the way to do it.

Back
Top Bottom