Long beak!

Meet Burnt, part of a flock of 7 hens we adopted after they and their owners were left homeless by a wildfire that destroyed 27 other homes. I don’t know how she got her name but was named long before the fire. All the hens and humans survived without injury.

I was told she’s an Australorp. Is her beak beyond her wearing it down on her own using the techniques suggested above?
81E63881-D606-471B-B56E-00550BEBAF9A.jpeg

Meet Burnt, part of a flock of 7 hens we adopted after they and their owners were left homeless by a wildfire that destroyed 27 other homes. I don’t know how she got her name but was named long before the fire. All the hens and humans survived without injury.

I was told she’s an Australorp. Is her beak beyond her wearing it down on her own using the techniques suggested above? View attachment 2391368
It doesnt hurt to try the time it takes to try wouldnt be a lot of time wasted even if it didnt work out u would still have plenty of time to find alternative means i say give it a shot :thumbsup

Morning all.....I have a nearly 2yo coturnix who lives indoors, she hasn’t laid for over a year now & so doesn’t bother with the cuttlefish, & I’ve noticed her top beak is getting a bit long, anyone got any advice on what I can do to get it down a bit?have been trying to take a pic but it’s really hard to catch her side on, she’s so dark, & she always looks at me! 🙄
I would suggest taking her to the vet... This surely is a problem but don't worry, I have seen worse cases recover pretty well... The vet will trim the beak a little and she will get better... Best of luck

I would suggest taking her to the vet... This surely is a problem but don't worry, I have seen worse cases recover pretty well... The vet will trim the beak a little and she will get better... Best of luck
If you can find one, you can take her to a bird groomer. It isn’t uncommon for that to happen to parrots, and many bird stores have a groomer on staff at certain times.

I was told she’s an Australorp. Is her beak beyond her wearing it down on her own using the techniques suggested above? View attachment 2391368
That looks like it’ll need to be cut. She looks like she has crossbeak, or some other beak deformity where the bottom doesn’t wear down the top. Some crossbeak learn to wear it down on their own and others will need regular trimming.

Back
Top Bottom