long sad cat story...help!!!!

Thank you. Scientific name is "Feline Hyperesthesia".
Silly thought here, but does she ever get catnip? I just looked this up and it sounds a lot like anxiety disorder in humans. Hmmm, a lot of humans use pot to unstress, catnip has a lot of the same effects on felines. It would be a lot cheaper than the pills they'll probably want to give her. Like I said, just a thought.

Haha well I'll mention that. Now the vet is saying that it is some disease (not what I said) and all the symptoms are tied together.
For the time being, Midge is still with us....so I'll suggest the catnip. :)

Haha well I'll mention that. Now the vet is saying that it is some disease (not what I said) and all the symptoms are tied together.
For the time being, Midge is still with us....so I'll suggest the catnip. :)
Unless there is some meds that it might interfere with, I'd try it. I know my cats sleep for a long time after having it. I hope everything works out for you guys. I'm a cat lover as well and when they're sick or in pain it's an awful thing. God Bless.

Silly thought here, but does she ever get catnip?  I just looked this up and it sounds a lot like anxiety disorder in humans.  Hmmm, a lot of humans use pot to unstress, catnip has a lot of the same effects on felines.  It would be a lot cheaper than the pills they'll probably want to give her.  Like I said, just a thought.

I'll 2nd the catnip. It doesn't have to be prescribed by the vet. It grows wild all over here. Anyway, it mellows some of mine and produces a wild effect on some. I just cut pieces in 8-10 in pieces and place it around. In an hour I have to vacuum but have very happy cats. When I didn't have the plants, I would put it on the kitchen floor and they would roll all over it, throw their paws over it to say mine, mine, MINE!!! It makes them very happy. They'll not only play in it but eat it also. If you do try it let us know details! :D

Our cat had a similar problem, except with flea medication. He was allergic and we didn't know. He ripped his skin open, and continued to do so for about a year. We kept the cone on him for around 6 months (I know its a long time), and finally he didn't do it ever again. He doesn't grow a lot of hair in some parts now, but he's happy and healthy three years later!

Our cat had a similar problem, except with flea medication. He was allergic and we didn't know. He ripped his skin open, and continued to do so for about a year. We kept the cone on him for around 6 months (I know its a long time), and finally he didn't do it ever again. He doesn't grow a lot of hair in some parts now, but he's happy and healthy three years later!
It may have seemed like a long time but if he isn't chewing at himself anymore, I'd say it was just right! Good for you!

I'll 2nd the catnip. It doesn't have to be prescribed by the vet. It grows wild all over here. Anyway, it mellows some of mine and produces a wild effect on some. I just cut pieces in 8-10 in pieces and place it around. In an hour I have to vacuum but have very happy cats. When I didn't have the plants, I would put it on the kitchen floor and they would roll all over it, throw their paws over it to say mine, mine, MINE!!! It makes them very happy. They'll not only play in it but eat it also. If you do try it let us know details!
big_smile.png
LOL!!! Yes, some do go a bit nutty for a bit but then..they just....kinda......slow......down.......and sleep. I use the dry stuff as the green they chew and spit out.

Back
Top Bottom