long term storage of quail eggs (for eating)

fiberdrunk

Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2011
Does anyone know if water glassing or coating eggs with mineral oil will preserve quail eggs long term (several months), like for chicken eggs? I don't plan to artificially light my birds next winter, so I'm just preparing this summer when the over-abundance of eggs come. I can't seem to find any info specific to quail eggs in regards to long-term storage.

I don't know. I know from the egg handling seminar that they last 2 months easily if refrigerated.

CA egg handling requires that they be washed, then refrigerated. They have to be packaged within 30 days, and the sell by date is 30 days after the package date. They're usually considered good for at least a week after the sell by date.

If I want to preserve them beyond that, I pickle them. They can also be frozen (without shells), and I've heard of people using ice cube trays to keep the eggs separate.

I don't know. I know from the egg handling seminar that they last 2 months easily if refrigerated.

CA egg handling requires that they be washed, then refrigerated. They have to be packaged within 30 days, and the sell by date is 30 days after the package date. They're usually considered good for at least a week after the sell by date.

If I want to preserve them beyond that, I pickle them. They can also be frozen (without shells), and I've heard of people using ice cube trays to keep the eggs separate.

I tried this this week, to pickle my eggs (first time ever).
I got over 300 eggs in the fridge 🙈 , so was searching for some conservation.
It is delicious 🤤

Last edited:
... but I don't know how long they last.
I used a 7% saline solution (beside seasoning)

20200522_131000.jpg

Thank you! This is good info. How long do they keep pickled? Can you can pickled eggs to make them last longer?

Back
Top Bottom