long term storage of quail eggs (for eating)

I do spicy and regular. Haven't canned any yet but I want to. Pickled quail eggs are great, they're actually the reason I started raising quail....

20200525_105941.jpg

Does anyone know if water glassing or coating eggs with mineral oil will preserve quail eggs long term (several months), like for chicken eggs? I don't plan to artificially light my birds next winter, so I'm just preparing this summer when the over-abundance of eggs come. I can't seem to find any info specific to quail eggs in regards to long-term storage.
I watched this fantastic YouTube “how to” on hard-boiling, then putting the eggs in vinegar for 24hrs to remove shell, then removing the membrane by hand, and then pickling. There are loads of different pickling flavours you can try!
I have heard that freezing eggs after they have been hard-boiled causes the whites to be very rubbery, but that the yolks hold well for up to 3 months.
I suppose you could make a whack of breakfast quiche to pull out in the winter months if you have the time to do heavy prep!

Back
Top Bottom