Long Time BYC Fan but New Member Niagara, ON - Canada interested in Flock Integration Tips

VinelandHens

Hatching
6 Years
Hello BYC members,

I have been reading the forums for quite some time now but just recently signed up. I haven't had time to write an introductory hello because I have had some chicken issues to deal with and have spent more time reading than writing.

I would be happy for some advice (look at me, just joining and asking for advice already :) ... I have 5 wonderful, well-adjusted great laying RSL's but something came over me some time ago to get more birds. I read about integration and thought that would be my main trouble but it wasn't (isn't yet). My 6 new ready-to-lay hens came from the hatchery with Cocci (lucky I had them quarantined). I used the forums here for advice, dealt with a vet and got Ampro. They quickly got on the mend and after two weeks are just finishing their meds. I hope to integrate them with the other ladies (approx. 1.5 year's old) soon and have read all the advice on doing that. I am just wondering if because of the Cocci and the treatment anyone has any warnings, special advice etc.

Also, are watery poos a side-effect of Ampro? Some of them seem to have them off and on. I suppose the extreme heat alerts and week-long heat wave may not be helping either. :( (don't worry they are getting frozen treats, cool water and have lots of fans)

Thanks in advance...

Jen

Greetings from Kansas, VinelandHens, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here! Below is a link that will help you out! Best wishes!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2593-adding-to-your-flock

Back
Top Bottom