Long time reader first time poster from Arkansas

gwebbbb

Hatching
10 Years
Dec 24, 2009
Hi to all.

Had a family flock as a kid and decided to get 8 from atwoods 2 years ago. Thought it would be fun for the kids and provide some eggs for the family. Those turned into 25 more the following year. Almost ashamed to admit that i just ordered more today and will have an even 100 when they arrive. Not sure what i will do with all those eggs! Anybody have any luck with the egg for sale sign out in front of the house? Man i hope so.

welcome-byc.gif

welcome fellow Arkie!!

I hear you get better luck by bringing eggs up at work or in other social groups, signs out front aren't the best form of advertisement, although it never hurts!
We share eggs with my mom, mother in law, neighbors on both sides --- who put up with my escapees and morning crowing, and a few people at work if we have extras after that. I really don't have any paying customers. hehehe

hey Tala,

I dont seem to have many paying customers either. I trade eggs for cartons at work and every once in a while one of the ladies throws in a couple bucks. Do you know tracy wright from benton? Found a bussiness card and it looks like she has lots of chickens to for sale and trade. Thinking about coming up to check it out.

Welcome!!!
thumbsup.gif

I'm also considerign the egg sign in front of the house approach, we shall see!! If not, I know friends and family who will throw some money my way for fancy blue eggs lol

Back
Top Bottom