Long time reader, first time posting

Bridgy-Cooper

In the Brooder
Dec 1, 2020
Greeting all!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Was thinking about getting chickens for years, but while renting it was just a thought. This summer we bought our first house, and got chickens right away.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 17, but suspect 2 to be roosters. If confirmed, we'll need to give them up (town regulations) so we'll probably have 15 hens or less

(3) What breeds do you have?
Brahma. We have light, buff and dark.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Very new to it. Enjoy them as pets our kids interact with.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gaming, hiking and outdoor sports

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Beside chickens we have fish, two pet snakes and a large dog that we will never introduce to our chickens (she has too strong of prey drive)

I have been reading coop articles before getting chickens this summer and while building our coop. Now that the coop is more or less finished I wanted to add my own article to share what I've learned

Greeting all!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Was thinking about getting chickens for years, but while renting it was just a thought. This summer we bought our first house, and got chickens right away.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 17, but suspect 2 to be roosters. If confirmed, we'll need to give them up (town regulations) so we'll probably have 15 hens or less

(3) What breeds do you have? Brahma. We have light, buff and dark.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Very new to it. Enjoy them as pets our kids interact with.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gaming, hiking and outdoor sports

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Beside chickens we have fish, two pet snakes and a large dog that we will never introduce to our chickens (she has too strong of prey drive)

I have been reading coop articles before getting chickens this summer and while building our coop. Now that the coop is more or less finished I wanted to add my own article to share what I've learned
members.jpg

Back
Top Bottom