Longest Staggered hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Laskaland, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Sheesh! So here's the story... I had two incubators that were still air. Humidity and temp was constant for 18 days. Moved the ones to hatch to a brand spanking new forced air on day 18. Could not get the temp above 99, no matter what. I even had it run for a full day before...

So, I have 32 eggs in the forced air hatcher... one pip and zip on the 29th (day 21) one on the 30th (day 22) ... one on the 31st (day 23), and one in process today (day 24) [​IMG] The ones that have hatched are happy and healthy... what's the deally-o??
    They are Cochins, Bos, and Wellies (well no wellies pipping YET)

2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    i know how ya fee. i had a silkie chick once that didn't hatch until day 25

it's a mix mind thing you don't wanna toss them so you wait.. [​IMG]

all i could give you is to just candle once a day and see if there is still movement

maybe someone with better help will post [​IMG]

3. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Thanks, Mark
    [​IMG]

4. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    Interesting I started haching last year so i dont know a lot but one thing i have leared is water you got to keep water during the incubating time and more so at hatch in the small foam incubators i spray a mist on day 20, 21 and if needed on day 23 for extria humidity. My dad did our first hatch and let the incubator run dry many times his hatch lasted just over a week we had a lot of cripiled chicks came out in the last few days. I now keep a close check on the water and i run my hatch no more than 3 days unless i know i have a live chick and sill not over day 4. I dont belive your temp was a problem at all. I do like to keep mine at 100 but 98 to 101 is still good. hope this helps. B

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by