LOOK at my first quail egg! From the hatch of Jan 24th!

Overeasyplz

Songster
10 Years
Nov 8, 2009
Leesburg
44235_p3110006.jpg

They are starting to lay! Hooray! So, lessee.. born on Jan 24th, to today March 11, that is 7.5 weeks. I am sure they would have started a bit earlier if I hadn't moved them outside outside to the new big pen.

Nice egg!! My Coturnix didn't start to lay until 10 weeks! 7.5 weeks is GREAT! Of course, it may have helped I switched to Gamebird Starter for them after 7 weeks when I realized my mistake
roll.png

NICE BIG EGG!I know whats for breakfast in the am
Cindiloohoo , Thats right pour the game bird starter to the (I use nutrina 28%) & the eggs will start flying out
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL yes you are a granddaddy.. if I hatch it. I was thinking of blowing it out. It's a tiny egg, but it's perfect otherwise! May be too small for a chick to come out of. But since I ordered more eggs from ya and i get them next week perhaps I'll have a few of my own to add to the clutch!

Quote:
Mine are fed 28% gamebird starter. They love it if I don't get their feeder refilled fast enough they bite me. Not hard as they are tiny but darn they are impatient!!

Quote:
Mine are fed 28% gamebird starter. They love it if I don't get their feeder refilled fast enough they bite me. Not hard as they are tiny but darn they are impatient!!

Starvin', hungry, growin' quail! Just leave the food and nobody has to get hurt!
smile.png

Cool I'll have to run out and tell the ladies the good news about being grandma's!

I know there was a second one today.. they are sitting in the window by the sink, and I look at them wondering what to do with them.. diet size eggs lol.

I have Bobwhites that hatched in mid-June..anyone know when I can expect some eggs from them? I've been waiting for what seems forever..

Back
Top Bottom