Look at my new nest boxes from ReStore

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by NancyDz, Mar 30, 2009.

1. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    I went to the Habit for Humanity ReStore this weekend and found this cabinet with the two doors on front without glass. I immediately saw nest boxes. All I have to do is put a divider
    in the middle and I have two nest boxes. This cabinet was $20. Sorry bout the dog noses.. they always have to check things out! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Pretty nice for nest boxes. I'm going to have to see if there is a restore near me.
    Imp

3. dlstumm5563

dlstumm5563 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    Battle Ground, WA.
    Those are awesome!

IMP did you find any of the stores local as I'm down in SW WA...by the Other Vancouver! LOL

Debs
    Just1More Min Pins

4. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    What a deal!

5. jonesgirl

jonesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Nevada
    haha isn't it funny the things we think when we are looking at a cabinet :}

Great Buy!

6. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Great Find and great idea!

I love Restore. We have 3 around, but each is still 30+ minutes away in different directions. I so wish they were closer. I got a bunch of stuff for my coop from the one by me in Garden Grove. I love that it is recycling and the proceeds going to Habitat for Humanity.

My coop I built using materials from there is on my "View My BYC Page."

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Ohh how neat! We have a restore in Las Cruces I think, I'll have to check it out. A fellow down the road from me brought in a repo'd double wide trailer with a lot of damage and he's been ripping things out and throwing them outside in front,, I'm looking at some of going ohhhhhh nest boxes,,, coop extensionsl,,, I'm going begging tomorrow!

8. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Murray Kentucky
    I like dog noses... In fact, wish you took a pic with the dog in it.. [​IMG]

That's one HECK of a nest box though... Think I'd be using it as a supply cabinet to keep stuff in over a nest box.. [​IMG]

9. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Every thing I see lately - It immediately enters my mind- Could I use this for a chicken nest? I think I'm obsessed. [​IMG]

10. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Murray Kentucky
    Pssst.. cwc362... Look, it's a nest! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by