1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Look at these 2 eggs i found

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LauraSBale, Oct 9, 2009.

1. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Songster

the other night i went out to close everyone up, and i happen just to see them on the ground from the flash light, I pretty sure there duck eggs, but both of duck girls layed eggs that morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Danigirl3

Danigirl3 Songster

May 13, 2009
    Central Maine
    Hmmmm..... I have had some wierd shapes and sizes with mine and have heard of soft eggs but those take the cake.

3. Airilith

Airilith Songster

Sep 28, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Wow! I've seen a lot of eggs, but those two are a first for me.

Any new layers in your flock?

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

looks like maybe one was a little slow getting down the pike and a second was formed right behind it... [​IMG]

5. StupidBird

StupidBird Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    It's the Geico eyeballs!

6. CityChicker

CityChicker Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    That is really interesting! I have seen a lot of funky eggs before, but I don't think I have ever seen that.

7. Farmington

Farmington Songster

Jun 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    Quote:I always feel like somebody's watching me....haha, that's great![​IMG]

8. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Songster

Quote:[​IMG]

they started to lay about 4 weeks or so ago.

you know i was just thinking, that one of the duck girls keeps laying Double yokes, and there hugh. i wonder if this was a double yoker and it didn't form together, well maybe not, just thinking out loud [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by