Look at what I gathered yesterday

Oh Wow, I love egg collecting time! I can't wait until I get more than one egg a day. I shouldn't have much longer to wait. I have lots of 15 and 17 week old chicks out there so soon, I hope!

Those dark chocolate colored eggs almost persuadeth me to get an incubator... I'd love to have some Marans or Wellsummers.

Congrats you sure have some beautiful eggs there. I have awhile to go but hope mine are as pretty.
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
:weee:ya

I love gathering too... I need to get some of the really dark egg layers and new green layers.
smile.png
I have an older barred rock that lays speckled eggs, and one customer specifically asked for them. She liked to think they were Easter Eggs!
lol.png

if my printer was working i would take the pic of your eggs and show my hens.And say see this is wh at your suppose to do lay eggs like this...

anyway your pic made me smile cause i should when they start laying be getting eggs in the same colors but no white.
oh boy i cant wait for them to lay thier first eggs....

Lovely!!!!! I wish I had those dark brown eggs..
hmm.png

I've noticed with my hens, if I give them something to eat that has butter on it (like left over veggies) the eggs a day later are speckled.

I do try wash the butter off, but they do get some!

Back
Top Bottom