Look at what my daughter brought home....

That's interesting. There's some jack russel's over where she found the pup and they are always running loose. I also thought beagle but the ears are small.

Quote:
That doesn't mean anything other than poor breeding. My dad has quite a few beagles that have short ears.
The muzzle doesn't look very 'houndy' to me.

ETA: But the markings scream beagle!

Last edited:
Yeah the markings say either beagle, jack russel, border collie, mountain dog. He's got his front teeth, his canines, then there's gums, and then one set of molars in the way back. He did eat some wet dog food.

I'd go with a beagle/JRT mix. I'd say JRT ears, beagle coloring/body/tail and the face shape a mix.
thumbsup.gif

Boy is he a looker! Very cute!

First thought was beagle, but he does look a bit Jack Russel like. Honestly I wouldn't start guessing his pedigree until he grows up a bit more. When they are that young many breeds look very similar, because I mean face it how often does a jack russel get confused with a bermese mountain dog?
lol.png

Post pics as he grows and get pictures of him next to a scale, a soda can or something. That way we can get a size on him. He's about the age our beagle mix found us.

Too much white throughout the body for a Bernese Mountain dog, and he looks to be pretty small
wink.png
My first thought was some JRT in there somewhere
big_smile.png
Looks like a JR pup with a tail... I don't think I'd be too worried about the breed(s) the little guy is, he needs a NAME!
lol.png

awwwwwwwww he is simply adorable. And he is SURELY a pit/beagle mix. They make wonderful loving pets. Name him Gene (as I am sure he was "singing in the rain" for your daughter to find him).

Back
Top Bottom