LOOK!!! LOOK!!!!

Thanks everyone! Only us chicken people can understand the fun of getting eggs!

yippiechickie.gif
WooHoo!!!!

I enjoy your excitement! I was raised a city girl.
Then I met my husband(country boy). We were together 12 years and bought our dream farm of three acres. Then with the persistance of my brother in law,daughters and my husband I finally agreed to start raising chickens, the thought sounded pretty gross to me at the time. Then the hens started laying and the rest is history. The city in me creeps out every once in a while but I wouldn't trade the life I live now for any money in the world!!!!!!!!!
We also raise our own pigs and are adding our first cow within the next month.
wee.gif
:weee:weee:weee

I am really hoping my Dominiques lay some eggs soon! They are a couple months older than my Reds so they will lay first. I sure will be eggcited when they start!!

Congrats!!

By the way ---- I have Ms. Prissy's Egg Bread recipe on it's second rise and soon on it's way into the oven today!! That will go with chicken and pastry for supper (store bought chicken only!!) --I'll let ya'll know how the bread turns out!!!

Oh my gawd!!!! That egg bread is totally to die for!! Really, really good and my house smells great too!! I imagine the 9 eggs are horrible for cholesterol, but once in awhile, who cares!! Really great bread - be sure and try it, you won't regret it!!!

The hen that I thought was laying, I call her Big Mama, was not her. It was my other buff orp. I went in the coop and she was on TOP of the nest box instead of IN the box and she left me a little egg!!!

I went to wal-mart today and bought six ping pong balls. I put two in the next box and grabbed Phoebe, showed her the "eggs" and told her "THAT is where you are supposed to lay your eggs" She gave me a Can I go now? look!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom