Look what I brought home this morning...

Blisschick

not rusty
12 Years
Feb 20, 2007
Shepherd, Texas
This morning was Tradin' Day in Conroe, and I went early to try and get something nice before everyone bought it up. I got there at 8:15, but left by 9 because I ran out of money!
sad.png

I got Miss Poof here. She's dark blue, but for some reason the camera makes her look brown.

blue_pullet.jpg

I also got a pair of really nice Seramas, and a blue-red sport OEGB roo. I saw soooooo much more that I wanted!! It nearly broke my heart when I had to pass on the blue and white Muscovies!
hit.gif

Do you quarantine those new birds from yours, or from yours and from each other? If so, how?

I've brought in new birds in a bunch and kept them separate, but they were all from one place, each time, if you get what I mean. This seems like it would be challenging.

Or do you just not feel a need to quarantine at all?

Yes, I quarantine my birds by keeping them in a separate cage away from my other birds for about a month. Sometimes, if I've known the breeder for awhile and have gotten birds from them before, don't bother with it, although I probably should. I have a few extra cages that I keep them in that I don't normally use for my other birds.

She had a bunch of blacks and blues in together, so it was kind of hard to tell them apart, but having dealt with the charcoal blue coloring in my BLRW, I'm sure that's what I got. The way the color of the photo came out is not how she really looks.

I'm really pleased with her beard and top knot. She even has good feathering on her toes, although one foot is lacking on spacing. She actually had several nice birds, and I almost came home with two blues, but I gritted my teeth and applied restraint because I only had X amount of dollars and needed to look for a few other things. The other blue girl I almost got had an even bigger top knot, but her beard was smaller. She was also smaller in body and had good toe spacing. I wish I had more dinero!
hit.gif

big_smile.png
I had a blast up there today, i bought 5 of the blue sumatras.
big_smile.png

there were tons of silkies, and polish chickens there today. but no black polish roo for me, so i got rid of my polish hens, and the campine i had. so i am still +1 on the chicken count. oh yeah - and my daughter bought a pair of bob white quail. guess i wil edit my signature later. going out to watch the new chickies!!!!!

Last edited:
I saw those blue Sumatras -- they were soooo nice! I'm not really into Sumatras, but they were really nice, big birds. That lady on the corner with the big cages of Silkies is the one I bought from. She had a lot of nice birds, all very healthy. Last year she bought up all my BLRW. She told me she's gotten eggs from two other people since. She gave me her card, so I may call her in the spring and see if she has any eggs available, if I don't see her in May. I just wish she had Bluff laced Polish. All her Silver Laced were nice, but I don't recall seeing anything but roos. There is usually a guy with Buff Laced, but I didn't see him there today.
sad.png

You didn't happen to see Michelle, did you? She's kind of fallen off them map lately.
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom