LOOK what I found in the yard

Quote:
From www.messybeast.com/folktails.htm :

The Egyptians believed the 'M' to depict the sacred Scarab beetle while in Christian folklore it is the mark of the Virgin Mary who blessed a cat which killed a venomous snake sent by the Devil to bite the Christ child in his crib. In a related version from Christian folklore, the infant Jesus was laying in the mangershivering from cold. Alerted by his cries, a mother tabby cat lay next to the child to warm him up. In gratitude, Mary stroked the cats forehead, marking it with an 'M' and to this day, the caring mother cat's descendents all carry the mark of Mary.

The non-religious version suggests that the 'M' is a set of frown-lines where the cat has been staring at a mouse-hole in concentration, waiting for the mouse emerge!

If I'm not mistaken it's actually an indicator that the kitten has a certain breed in it's lineage. I can't remember which breed right now, but I think Abyssinian.
(Yep, just checked. It's the abyssinian.)
Beautiful kitten! I'm another one that would be in big trouble if you lived closer.

Last edited:
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
OH He knows how to make a home for himself!!! GOOD KITTY!!!!! We had a momma cat, called her "Momma Kitty" that would lay mice at the front door until you acknowledged her and said good kitty, then she would take them off. We let one stay one day just to see if she would take it off and she did not, so we said good kitty and it was gone next time we went out! LOL
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom