Look what I got out of my homemade brooder!!--Thank you miss prissy!

cici_p

Songster
10 Years
Feb 27, 2009
My last little goose popped out today. . .
Marking the end to my 50 day incubation odyssy!
Before I found this site a few months ago I didn't even know it was possible to hatch shipped eggs!
I certainly never would have built my own incubator!!
I think the incubator did quite well, especially considering it was operated by a newbie!
I hatched:
3 out of 5 showgirl eggs
5 out of 6 silkie eggs
5 out of 10 duck eggs
5 out of 5 goose eggs!
(that's not counting the ones that were clear/infertile)
And that's considering I broke some of the rules, including staggered hatches. (My goose eggs sat in through *all* of my hatches, and still all hatched). All eggs were shipped, too.

Here's some of what I got:
ducksandgeese028.jpg

ducks010.jpg

chickfieldtrip011.jpg

chickfieldtrip026.jpg

morechicks019.jpg

chicks012.jpg

Thank you miss prissy, your incubator design works great!!

Last edited:
That's the little duck that hatched out of the egg with an oozing crack, detached air cell, and floating air bubble. . .
I keep posting about that because I am sooooo impressed!
That's one of the ones that I kept
big_smile.png

Quote:
The bigger a pain in the ......... a chick/poult/duckling/gosling is the more likely it is to be a keeper. It's a rule.

When it starts as a pain in the keister as an egg, it's a virtual guarantee. Which is why Wrongway is staying - pipped backwards in a pullet egg and couldn't move. Darn bird.

jumpy.gif
:DI am so proud for u ! CONGRATS! I was also wondering if u could tell me what kind of ducks those on ur second pic are ? The yellow one's with orange beek? I hve two and one male that is black and have yellow stripe down his side don't know what he is either ?
spamee:frow

Back
Top Bottom