Look What We did Today in The Yard....

are ponds expensive?

put goldfish in it!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Quote:
That all looks really great! We had some good weather this weekend, too! But I haven't been able to work on my pond yet. We never take the fish out in in the winter and have had it for about 8 years. Ours is a little deeper than that, tho, too. But we lost a lot of fish this year (for the first time ever) from the extreme cold.

The pond is small..maybe 4' X 3' .. The ducks kiddie pool is bigger. This is decorative only.. Got it at Lowes last year for $150. Mine totally freezes (especially this winter) so we just empty it and bring the fish in! They are going in today. They will all probably drop dead cause its so clean.
gig.gif

beautiful!

in my koi pond I added a hundred or so feeder fish (little goldfish) many died but at a few cents a piece who cares
gig.gif
some did survive and are nearly as big as my young koi, actually it is hard to tell the difference. So if you every loose a bunch that is a cheap replacement
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
We did the same exact thing! We put 20 feeder goldfish in there last year and about 7 are still alive and have grown. The large pond goldfish were actually won at fairs. The ping pong ball in the small glass bowl game. When you get to 10 small you can upgrade to a large, fancier goldfish. 3 kids X 200 ping pong balls and $40.00 later, we win the big ones. At least the kids have fun doing it, otherwise it would be more a waste of money than its worth. I think 3 that we have for years now were the ones from the fair. I don't have much luck with Koi. Last year we bought 5 Koi (expensive) and I only have 2 left and they don't look great.

Back
Top Bottom