look whats happened in the incubator

Why do I keep coming back here for baby pics are there never are any?
hu.gif
What's up with that foulman?
idunno.gif
I'll be back.
pop.gif

Quote:
Sounds like you had a great hatching season. I'm curious what a person would expect to pay for baby emus. How about eggs?

-S

Me too

Sold about 2 or 3 eggs for 20 bucks
The week old ckicks brought 75 but I found out later that several were resold for 125 to 150
These last 3 are sold for 100 as soon as I think they are ok to go

Quote:
I know is post is older, but I noticed in the picture you are using a LG, but it looks like you've made a collar to make it taller? Am I just seeing things, or is that what you did? If so, could you post a few pictures?

Quote:
I know is post is older, but I noticed in the picture you are using a LG, but it looks like you've made a collar to make it taller? Am I just seeing things, or is that what you did? If so, could you post a few pictures?

Its a cheap one from Tractor supply co. I added a high output fan from ebay . I extended the side wall by cutting a double thick layer of mylar insulation foam from lowes. I added about 6" gives the little guys some head room after they hatch . without the fan the temps were all over the place from 99 at the top to about 87 near the bottom. the h.o. fan kit keeps it very even and gets the little buggers enough air to breath.
74752_img_20120109_143050.jpg

the fan kit
74752_img_20120109_143133.jpg

I cut 8 strips 6 inches tall doubled them up mylar out and taped them with aluminum tape. I kept 2 sides taller to let the lid lock in place
hope this helps ya out.

Last edited:
Thanks
thumbsup.gif

I've been thinking of doing something like that if I can't get the cabinet bator that Mom says I have to make a spot for first. Its an old Univeristy bator. The guy I'm (hopefully) getting it from added 2 removable trays that I can fit my turners on (for chicken eggs). It even has a clear door. I have to clear a spot next to my desk and get a table to put it on before Saturday, I will be going to the local chicken auction and the guy is the owner.

Its a cheap one from Tractor supply co. I added a high output fan from ebay . I extended the side wall by cutting a double thick layer of mylar insulation foam from lowes. I added about 6" gives the little guys some head room after they hatch . without the fan the temps were all over the place from 99 at the top to about 87 near the bottom. the h.o. fan kit keeps it very even and gets the little buggers enough air to breath.
74752_img_20120109_143050.jpg

the fan kit
74752_img_20120109_143133.jpg

I cut 8 strips 6 inches tall doubled them up mylar out and taped them with aluminum tape. I kept 2 sides taller to let the lid lock in place
hope this helps ya out.

I see you've wired the fan in with the other wires. How do you know which wires to hook it to?

Back
Top Bottom