Lookee what we found! (PICS!)

Ang

Songster
12 Years
Jan 2, 2008
West Central Illinois
I have 2 Black Minorcas that free range because they don't like to be penned. These chickens were given to me in 2008 during the Mississippi River flood by my son's friend. They were flooded out and had no place for their flock. Anyway, I have had these girls for a couple years. We rarely find their eggs even though I am quite sure they are laying. This weekend my son called to say that one of those hens has a chick. I tell him to catch them and put them in the brooder room so the cats don't get them. He calls back to say that they got them caught but also found another chick and 15 eggs in a nest in the haymow. He moved the other chick and the eggs in with the hen. She is still on the eggs and the chicks are absolutely adorable! I am pretty sure that the dad is our red and white EE rooster.

5538_068.jpg

5538_071.jpg

And she is a great mom! My daughter tried to pick up a chick and the hen attacked her. Drew blood and everything!

5538_069.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, she looks serious and obviously means business. sorry for your daughter, but glad for your little babies that they have a spunky mom....Congrats on your peepers.

Quote:
Uh huh indeed it is saying that. LOL

Cute chicks, great mama I feel bad for your DD though...poor girl.

Quote:
We do have a RIR but he is in a different pen. Cherokee, the EE rooster, is always with my Minorcas. So he's still my guess for the daddy. Time will tell I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom