Looking for A frame chicken tractor plans

EBertram

Chirping
Jun 1, 2018
Hi all,

I am looking to move my chickens from a coop + free ranging to a chicken tractor. We went all spring/summer with minimal problems. But since it's gotten cold we have had predators practically beating down the door. We have lost 3 laying hens to hawks and owls (one I actually walked up on) and the other day we lost a hen to a hawk and then my frizzled naked neck to what I'm assuming was a raccoon the same night (she was pulled under a small gap under the tractor they're currently in)

We are looking to downsize significantly, going down to about 6 in one tractor and 4 in another (silkies) so I am looking for something easy as I need it done quickly.

Our current coop is awesome, but it did take a while to finish. So I'm turning that into a playhouse(I think)

Any plans or ideas for a tractor with a coop would be greatly appreciated. I attached a photo of our current coop as well as a photo of the hawks that seem to want to live with us (if you can even see them in the pic, they're at the tops of the trees).

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5654.JPG
    IMG_5654.JPG
    306.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5789.JPG
    IMG_5789.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 22
Would probably be easier and faster to make a secure run than a couple tractors.

Wasn't able to search the tractor articles very well...but scroll thru these:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/tractor-coops.17/

Where in this world are you located?
Climate is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2018-12-11_10-53-37.png

Sorry for your losses. Have you checked out the tractors here?
tractor-coops.17

Maybe there are some ideas there you could use. Best of luck!

Ours isn’t exactly mobile, but you could make it mobile with the addition to wheels and bars to lift. It’s a good size. You could also make it with lighter materials for some of the frame like pvc but here’s what our a frame looks like
IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1337.JPG

Back
Top Bottom