Looking for a good CHILI recipe

Make a few pots and send one to me please. Yum.

Consider using turkey meat for one batch and beef/pork for the
second batch. Some people only like turkey meat for the health
aspects.

Real chili doesn't have beans but I love using beans in mine or
just making a bean chili.

Last thought, steamed rice is great to pour chili on top of. If the
chili is super hot then it dilutes the heat.

i dont really have a recipe. Just hamburger, kidney beans, salt and pepper, chilli seasoning, couple tbsp sugar, tomoto juice, garlic, onion. I think thats it but my secret ingredient is a little cinnamon. It adds a little something that people just cant put their finger on.

I make a cheater chili which is good and hearty but not so spicy as to keep me up all night with heartburn. I just make however much strikes me.

Get a cheap beef or pork roast. Cook til done by simmering in a crock pot with lots of garlic and onions.
Cool and chunk up. Reserve broth for something else, like tamales.

Put the meat back in the crock with either cooked or canned beans of your choice. Add a couple pints of those tomatoes you canned in the summer, add some more onion and garlic. Season to taste with chili powder, cumin or whatever. (I use a pack or 2 of premade mild chili seasoning mix, thus the cheater part.
smile.png
)

Simmer for an hour or so till well cooked and flavors meld. Thicken with flour if desired or needed.

Serve topped with shredded cheese, sourdough bread, and whatever chili sauce you like.

We like to use those small sourdough bread bowls.

I use 1 brown bag chili seasoning then I use 1 of the 3 alarm cili seasoning.
I brown 3 pounds of ground chuck with 1/2 onion
1 can of black beans (drained and washed real good)
1 can of light red kidney beans (drained and rinsed )
2 cans of chili beans with seaoning (DO NOT DRAIN)
1 can 16oz crushed tomatoes
1 large can of petite diced tomatoes 32oz

I brown the beef add all ing. EXCEPT I do not add the masa meal pack that comes in the chili seasoning package . In the crock pot and let it simmer for about 4 hours on low. I have won a chili cookoff before This is a liitle spicy but will not set you on fire.

I am drooling so bad reading this dang thread.

You know what's really wierd is my DW called me today and said she
wanted to make chili for dinner. ??? She had no idea about this thread.

Wierd huh?
Aw heck, I get chili for supper and DW gets a big hug.
smile.png

I have an excellent recipe for "Texas Beer Chili" that my mother-in-law gave me. It uses chuck roast instead of ground beef, and of course a can of beer. I make it in the crock pot, so it's very easy. I don't have the recipe with me right now, so I'll try to post it tonight.

Back
Top Bottom