looking for a good hatchery!?

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
hi! i have a broody hen, that has stopped laying eggs, i want to give her a afew but im having trouble picking a hatcery to order from? what do yall recommend! im located in texas, if theirs any good ones here?

Ideal Poultry in Cameron, TX is one of the better ones. They're very nice, easy to work with, and chicks I've gotten from them have been healthy. At this time of year I'd prefer live chicks not have to be shipped very far. If you live close enough to central Texas to pick them up, they allow that.

Ideal, McMurray, Cackle, all good hatcheries, ideal is in Texas, cackle is in Missouri and I think McMurray is in Iowa.
It depends what you want, what the minimum chick order (I think Cackle is 3 or 5) is and what breeds you want.

hi! i have a broody hen, that has stopped laying eggs, i want to give her a afew but im having trouble picking a hatcery to order from? what do yall recommend! im located in texas, if theirs any good ones here?
I recommend McMurry. I ordered from them about once a year in the last four years. Only 1 or 2 chicks at the most died. This year, due to timing of the breed of chicks available, I ordered 20 female chicks from Hoover’s instead. 10 died within the 1st 3 days. They gave me a refund but that was somewhat distressing.
I found out this week that I have 2 roosters from that batch and since Hoover’s have a 90% accuracy policy and I only have 10 left, they said there’s nothing they can do. So, sticking with McMurry from now on.

Back
Top Bottom