Feb 17, 2021
Somewhere down in Texas
I’ve had chickens for quite some time now, and I’m getting some new chicks soon (in June) and some of them I’m looking to breed and hatch some eggs just for fun. I’ve seen lots of different brands and styles of incubators, and all of them have their pros and cons. I’m new to this, so any suggestions help. My price range is probably anything up to $200. I wouldn’t be getting it anytime soon, but figured that I would at least start thinking about it. Some of the better ones that I’ve heard of are like the nurture right 360, brinsea, nollapo, and some hovabators, although I’m not sure what to believe. Thanks for responses in advance,
-ChickenWhisperer101

I have four incubators. A diy styrofoam incubator I use as an overflow incubator. It works as a good temporary holding spot until one of my other three open up.

Then I have this one
061C5B13-E809-4A24-9E63-8CE5A3EE7F7F.png

It was the first one I bought and it works great. I use it mostly for bantam and medium eggs since it only can really hold 6 medium- large eggs and 12 bantam eggs. The set up is easy and for a first time incubator it was great. The only downfall was I had to add a hygrometer to it and I had to open it to add water. Which defeats the purpose of lockdown.

So I bought this one
A19FC095-CBC2-4CBC-9099-511D92CA36CB.png

This one I use as a lock down incubator. I can add water from the outside and the temperature and humidity readings are on the top. I have tested the digital readings of this incubator with a calibrated thermometer and hygrometer and they were almost spot on.

Then I have this one
3BF5DA65-3399-4C32-9B4D-719531D7EF7F.jpeg

This one I got for free from a friend. It’s a still air incubator, it says circulated but the fan is broken, and I never have to add water to it. I have a hygrometer in it and it stays around 20% humidity. I do a dry hatch in this incubator. I’ve actually had chicks hatch in here because I misjudged the day they were on and they hatched while still turning and with low humidity. Trying to keep this incubators humidity up, if not doing a dry hatch, is a pain in the butt though.

I have a Nurture Right 360 and it works great. It holds 22 eggs and the thermometer and hygrometer were off by insignificant percentages, close enought to not correct. We've had very good hatch rates and my wife can't resist loading it up at least once a month. Sometimes, it hasn't even cooled off from the prior hatch when she cleans it up and puts another batch of eggs in.

I second the Nurture Right 360! Its done really well for full 21 day hatches as well as rescuing partially incubated eggs from the coop. I have had friends tell me they wish they had gotten it. Buying from Tractor Supply is cheapest.

I have a Nurture Right 360 and it works great. It holds 22 eggs and the thermometer and hygrometer were off by insignificant percentages, close enought to not correct. We've had very good hatch rates and my wife can't resist loading it up at least once a month. Sometimes, it hasn't even cooled off from the prior hatch when she cleans it up and puts another batch of eggs in.
I second the Nurture Right 360! Its done really well for full 21 day hatches as well as rescuing partially incubated eggs from the coop. I have had friends tell me they wish they had gotten it. Buying from Tractor Supply is cheapest.
This is probably the first one on my list, thanks for the responses

I have four incubators. A diy styrofoam incubator I use as an overflow incubator. It works as a good temporary holding spot until one of my other three open up.

Then I have this one View attachment 2632705
It was the first one I bought and it works great. I use it mostly for bantam and medium eggs since it only can really hold 6 medium- large eggs and 12 bantam eggs. The set up is easy and for a first time incubator it was great. The only downfall was I had to add a hygrometer to it and I had to open it to add water. Which defeats the purpose of lockdown.

So I bought this one View attachment 2632708
This one I use as a lock down incubator. I can add water from the outside and the temperature and humidity readings are on the top. I have tested the digital readings of this incubator with a calibrated thermometer and hygrometer and they were almost spot on.

Then I have this one View attachment 2632711
This one I got for free from a friend. It’s a still air incubator, it says circulated but the fan is broken, and I never have to add water to it. I have a hygrometer in it and it stays around 20% humidity. I do a dry hatch in this incubator. I’ve actually had chicks hatch in here because I misjudged the day they were on and they hatched while still turning and with low humidity. Trying to keep this incubators humidity up, if not doing a dry hatch, is a pain in the butt though.
I’ve been looking at the middle one. Thanks for responding

Back
Top Bottom