Looking for a permanent egg container... advice?

wbruder17

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Portland, OR
I would like a container for my refridgerator to hold a dozen eggs. Like a dozen carton you get from thhe store but made out of something that will not get wet, rip, deteriiorate, etc. Plastic would be fine, but stainless steel or something would be better. I only need one. Anyone know where to find something like this? They used to get built i n to refridgerators in the old days, like in the door handle, but I haven't seen anything to the likes anywhere. Only the paper ones or flimsy plastic.

Try a camping equipment store. Saw some hard plastic ones at the local dept store. I'm also seeing lots googling egg container etc.

Good luck searching

Imp

I stack mine in a plastic ice cube bin it holds 3 dozen which is good because I like to do lots of cookies and cupcakes and give them to neighbors. Easy to clean streamlined and takes up alot less space than 3 eggs cartons or even 2 one and a half dozen egg cartons. Can't stack them really well but it holds enough that I don't need to stack them I usually keep my loaf of bread on top of it (yes I keep my bread in the fridge).

I keep my bread in the fridge also! Thanks everyone... I will look a little harder at the feed stored and chheck out Amazon. They seem to have EVERYTHING, no?

You might want to look at antique stores as well. I see a lot of kitchen things especially at antique malls.

Imp

Quote:
Before I had children that at a loaf of bread a day I kept mine in the fridge, now I barely even see it before its gone...

I did a little searching for ya.

www.containerstore.com Egg Stay Fresh Container $7.99 each (Elongated bowl type egg tray - no lid)

www.amazon.com Lock & Lock Storage 12 Count Egg Container $11.98 (kinda like a Tupperware container for eggs with lid)

or do like I did and go to Walmart pay $3.00+ for a dozen organic eggs that came in a clear double, fold-over lid plastic carton. I just cleaned it and it stores my eggs just fine. I like the lids so that other things don't taint the eggs (sometimes strong smelling foods can "taint" other things..don't know about eggs but don't want to try either). I can also write on the inner lid (egg shaped cups) with a marker (that washes off) to date the eggs.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom