looking for canadian geese

duckman11032

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
hi I am now looking for a few canadian geese, I have a buddy that just got some and he loves them, I am looking to get a few myself

let me know if anyone has them and ill will buy them from you!!!!

thanks michael

Same here, they have run my ducks out of our pond. They like to lay their eggs beside our pond every year at this time, so they are claiming their "turf". Wish I could catch them and send them all to you! I wonder if it is illegal to send you the eggs once they lay them. Hmmmmmm........

BTW, please don't start with the tampering with nature lectures, I am only joking and dreaming.

I am soooo with the above posters!!! gonna have an early "goose season" they don't quiet down early on the weekends when I get to sleep in!!!

come get em!!! although the babies are fun to watch swimming around every year.....

i've hatched and raised plenty seagulls with no problem with the fish & game (don't ask me why. i love seagulls) ... they knew ALL about it too. maybe check with your local fish & wildlife.. they may need a permit or something of the like. here in Alaska it is legal to harvest goose eggs at certain times of the year for subsistence. certain species for different times too. HEY! that's not a bad idea! i should try it this year when the emperor geese come in!

(note: Canada geese are very protective of their nests, and are capable of breaking ribs. if you go for it, watch out you guys!)

Last edited:
Luckily for me, there are enough natural predators here that they don't stay here long... Only a week or 2 then off to greener ponds...

Quote:
lau.gif
sorry!
lau.gif

on the serious side....i know here we cant touch'em...
the metro Toronto Zoo got fined heavily a few years ago for trying to relocate a flock that claimed one if their paddocks as their "turf"

I was looking at some eggs on ebay and they went for $167 i can't remember for how many. I didn't want them that bad!!

I would definately be interested in some eggs if someone can get some. I've got a pair at the house, but the dogs around keep getting all the eggs before I get to them.

Back
Top Bottom