Looking for Chicken Print Lanyards or 5/8" Ribbon/Webbing

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by lisabailey, Jul 23, 2010.

1. lisabailey

lisabailey In the Brooder

Oct 1, 2009
    Snoqualmie Valley
    My husband is a photographer with IStockPhoto.com, and I am organizing a 3-day photoshoot for 25 professional photographers on a local CSA farm in the Snoqualmie Valley (Carnation, WA) August 13-15.

The event is called "Chickenlypse" (long story, but all of these type events are called <something>lypse, because the very first of its kind was called an IStock-a-lypse.) The farm where we'll be staying/shooting is called Dog Mountain Farm and is primarily a poultry producer (eggs, and meat, chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese, etc.).

Anyway, I need to make nametags (badges on lanyards), and I have searched the Net high and low for lanyards that are pre-printed with some kind of chicken pattern. I'm willing to make my own lanyards, but I'll need 5/8" woven or cotton ribbon or webbing by the yard.

I thought perhaps you crafty types might be able to point me in the right direction. (A print with chickens and cameras would be a total home run, but I'd settle for just chickens. Another possibility would be farm animals, including chickens.) Thanks!

2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I got my last chicken ribbon from ebay! Good luck!

3. bald k9

bald k9 Songster

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    What are lanyards?

4. lisabailey

Oct 1, 2009
    Snoqualmie Valley
    Lanyards are the "necklace" sort of things that go around your neck, and then a name badge is connected to the bottom of it (the kind of thing a coach would use to wear a whistle around their neck?)

5. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    If you make some, I might like to buy one [​IMG]

A lanyard is basically a long 'necklace' used to hold a key, ID card, etc.

6. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
  7. lisabailey

Oct 1, 2009
    Snoqualmie Valley
    I saw that one...it's definitely a possibility, though I'm concerned the guys won't wear it...maybe a little too femanine? The price is a little higher than I planned to pay, but not bad.

Here's one that would be perfect, except that it's almost a full 1" wide:
    http://www.hartsfabric.com/black-white-ribbon57040.html

Thanks for the tip.

8. verthandi

verthandi Songster

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:The ribbon that you posted the link to is decorative ribbon. I believe that is more like gift wrap ribbon in feel and may not be too comfortable to wear around the neck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: