Looking for Chickens/chicks in Washington state

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cariboujaguar, Feb 16, 2009.

1. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    We don't have a time restraint, in no hurry, would like to shop around and see what the poultry industry has to offer. We plan to keep the birds free range with some nesting boxes int he barn, but they will have free roam of 27 acres and a big old barn full of hay, so I'm certain we'll have chicken chaos LOL Would like some good layers but a few ornamental little gals would be fun to have as well. Would like to try a few different breeds. LOVE laced patterns. Egg color doesn't matter but our 3 yr old would probably love some green and brown variety. We would take chickens or chicks, we would also be willing to 'adopt' some older gals to retire out here [​IMG]
    thanks

2. Birdgardengal

Birdgardengal Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2007
    Ephrata, WA
    Where in WA are you? We live in Ephrata. We have three, black and silver with blue highlights, cochin chickens that hatched Halloween. One is a cockerel and 2 are girls. They are very tame. Our 7 year old granddaughter feeds them by hand and carries them around. They are beautiful birds. We wanted to keep them but we already have two roosters, eight chickens and three more babies. I don't know if this young rooster will get along with the others. E-mail me if you are interested. I would give them away to a nice home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by