Looking for chickens, Hudson Valley NY

Lsox

Chirping
May 23, 2020
After last night's attack on our flock by what seems to be a bear, we're severely depleted! Lost 11 of our 16 birds, all of which were layers... We now have two male guineas, a cockerel, one bantam hen and an ISA brown hen. Is there anyone in the area that would be interested in parting with some of their birds so we can get back to having enough eggs for breakfast? We're based near Kingston, NY but can drive a decent distance to pick up if there are any available.

Ugh, I’m in hudson valley, but my own flock isn’t even laying yet :( have you tried craigslist? I also know a lady in Walden who has a couple of laying ayam cemani hens she wanted to sell for $50 each. I’m not sure if she still has them, but if you’re interested I can give you her contact...

have you tried craigslist?

I actually managed to find some hens within about ten minutes of us. I found a group on facebook for chickens in the hudson valley and found someone in Ulster Park. They are also not laying yet, but a lot closer than newly hatched chicks would be! If I hadn't got these, I would be very interested in the ayam cemani - when I get around to building an extension to the house, I'd like to get some of them to add to the flock.

I actually managed to find some hens within about ten minutes of us. I found a group on facebook for chickens in the hudson valley and found someone in Ulster Park. They are also not laying yet, but a lot closer than newly hatched chicks would be! If I hadn't got these, I would be very interested in the ayam cemani - when I get around to building an extension to the house, I'd like to get some of them to add to the flock.

oh yay! I want to ask which FB group you joined, but at the same time I really shouldn't feed my chicken addiction anymore :oops:

Back
Top Bottom