Looking for design advice

I know your in NY a known high tax state, but why not buy a trailer and register it. Once you have it Home build a coop on top of it! Tsc sells trailers for around $1000 once it’s registered/taxes paid you can store it in your yard. 5x10 should House 6 chickens nicely and keep you under that limit.

As for the run, that’s the issue... chain link the whole yard and free range when your around and give your neighbors eggs?

The other thread (link on page 2) gives the full restrictions. One coop only. Sounds to me like they need to get out of town! When we moved a few years ago I made sure there where no restrictions. We have enough land though, even if there was restrictions state law trumps the town.... we can grow anything AG we want! Even in the city.... I know of a guy in downtown Bridgeport with chickens goats sheep etc. he has enough land......

Wonder if you can just get a shed and have the chickens live in that? There's probably a completely different set of rules and restrictions for sheds. My guess though is that the size restrictions on chicken coops are there to prevent chicken owners from erecting sheds but calling them coops.

Back
Top Bottom