Looking for fertile eggs near Portland, OR

blue2jade

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 4, 2014
Hi, I have 5 pullets which I got as chicks, but no cockerels, so I can't fertilize my own eggs. I have access to incubators, and I thought it would be fun to try hatching some of my own chicks. The only problem is that I have no idea where to find fertile eggs. I already checked craigslist, like I had seen suggested on a different thread, but couldn't find much near me. I live a little outside of the Portland, OR area, and was wondering if anyone knew where to get fertile eggs around here.

Thanks!

Hi, I have 5 pullets which I got as chicks, but no cockerels, so I can't fertilize my own eggs. I have access to incubators, and I thought it would be fun to try hatching some of my own chicks. The only problem is that I have no idea where to find fertile eggs. I already checked craigslist, like I had seen suggested on a different thread, but couldn't find much near me. I live a little outside of the Portland, OR area, and was wondering if anyone knew where to get fertile eggs around here.

Thanks!

There isn't a lot on there this time of year... I just drove to Washougal for eggs today. There is a great group on facebook called Portland Poultry Project where I found some eggs earlier in the Summer.

I'm sure two hours away is too far, but I am down near Eugene and always have fertile eggs available
smile.png

Thanks!
I don't know if you found your answer already, since you posted this back in October, but you can find utility layer quality fertile eggs at Ludeman's, Healing Ponds Store, in Beaverton. They are typically mixed breed of different layers, but you may also be able to get some layer pure breeds.

If you want breeder quality specific breeds, go to the Oregon Chicken Classifieds, which is a FB page.

You can connect with several breeders there. In particular, search for JB Farms. They provide Black Copper Marans, Isbars, Olive Eggers and Rhodebar hatching eggs. They are in Sheridan but will drive to Newberg.

If you are on Eastside, try the Urban Farm Store. If you want to go Silkies, look for Cluck N" Chatter Ranch on Facebook.

Hopefully you've found eggs already, but if you are in need of other suppliers, I can make those suggestions.

Lady of McCamley

I don't know if you found your answer already, since you posted this back in October, but you can find utility layer quality fertile eggs at Ludeman's, Healing Ponds Store, in Beaverton. They are typically mixed breed of different layers, but you may also be able to get some layer pure breeds.

If you want breeder quality specific breeds, go to the Oregon Chicken Classifieds, which is a FB page.

You can connect with several breeders there. In particular, search for JB Farms. They provide Black Copper Marans, Isbars, Olive Eggers and Rhodebar hatching eggs. They are in Sheridan but will drive to Newberg.

If you are on Eastside, try the Urban Farm Store. If you want to go Silkies, look for Cluck N" Chatter Ranch on Facebook.

Hopefully you've found eggs already, but if you are in need of other suppliers, I can make those suggestions.

Lady of McCamley

Wow, that's great info, thanks! Mostly, I'm just looking for resources. I probably won't be getting new chicks for another year, but I thought I might as well get the information now.

Back
Top Bottom