1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for Good Quail in MO..

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Missouricowboy4, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Missouricowboy4

Missouricowboy4 New Egg

Apr 19, 2012
    Missouri
    I am going to be looking for some good Quail here soon not sure what breed. i want something that is good in the heat and winter due to MO has strange weather. Would like 5 or6 hens and 1 or 2 male to breed. Good layers would be nice to. Age im wanting them to be laying already or atleast a couple of the hens strting to lay. im in the central MO about 60 miles south of St. Louis,MO. Let me know if anyone has any also looking for a new Quial Hutch/ coop? I want a little bigger one than i have! thanks Kol

2. jbobs

jbobs Chillin' With My Peeps

have you tried looking on craigslist or your local feed store for advertising? Most people don't sell live birds, they sell eggs instead because they can be easily shipped. Those that keep them will usually part with a few but they don't actively advertise them much.

Coturnix are usually the best for beginners. They grow really fast, start laying really young, lay tons of eggs, really winter hardy. I've had all kinds too and they are still my favorite.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by