looking for help in trapping boa snakes - advice.

ewaldbiemans

Hatching
Jul 19, 2015
I am looking for an effective way to trap Boa Snakes - I recently bought some chics for laying eggs and neighbors tell me that we have boa snakes and that they love chickens , especially chicks.
Somewhere i read that minnow traps are effective but cannot figure out where to buy one and secondly are there any other ways to effectively deal with snakes that eat chickens and other birds?
thank you
Ewald Biemans

I don't know where you live but, in US you can find minnow traps at sporting goods stores, and probably Walmart etc. I am not familiar with Boa snakes. Are you referring to Boa constrictors?
th.gif

Welcome- I had a huge problem with 5-6ft black snakes almost daily trying to get the eggs. I think my boys got tired of me screaming across the yard for them everytime I open the coop! So they rebuilt it for mothers day !!
1f60d.png
. The whole coop was enclosed with 1/2" wire. Sealed up every crack and used the 1/2" wire over all the vents too. So far so good! If you can't find minnow traps near you I did find some websites when I was looking with different items. I thought they were expensive and foud it cheaper to redo the wire enclosure on the coop . Plus I didn't have to deal with snakes in traps! - good luck their a pain.

Oh my goodness...big snakes! Not sure about how to keep something like that away from chicks. Go to the search bar, type in .. snakes.

Back
Top Bottom