Looking for help - Just rescued 2 sweet silkies in sacramento!

jennSacramento

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 16, 2010
Hi there, I am posting in hopes I can find a home for these young Chinese white fluffy chickens. They are very tame.
I RESCUED THEM LAST NIGHT from our local park where there are practically a hundred chickens (its the old Fair Oaks village's claim to fame). Mostly roosters actually, which is why I had to save these scared dazed and confused babes.
The roosters kept attacking them and they were so thirsty, not knowing where to find water. One was limping, although this morning he seems fine. When I saw them I knew they were dumped off, I had not seen them before, also they seemed so lost. We were able to pick them right up, didn't run from me.
I have them in my fenced front yard at the moment. They went right in to the large box I layed down for them. They obviously are used to a coupe.
I kept my cat in last night, but husband let him out this morning and didn't take him long to find them and chase them around! We got cat in - but sooo many cats in this neighborhood I am worried!
Can someone please advise on temporary housing options/ideas?
But what I REALLY NEED IS TO FIND A LOVING HOME FOR THEM!
I live in Sacramento - I will drive them to new home of up to 60 miles....

Thank you !
please feel free to email me
[email protected]

I'd suggest a dog kennel or a rabbit pen for temporary housing. I'm sure someone will snap them up really soon. If I were close, I sure would...

How old do they appear? Old enough to tell if they are male/female? I'm up in Pilot Hill, on the other side of El Dorado Hills. I'm coming to Folsom this afternoon though.......

I'll try to pm you.

Back
Top Bottom