Looking for Hookbill duck hatching eggs

@Ducksmom how is your incubation going?! I hatched out six the other day! :D Two unfortunately pipped on the wrong end and I didn't see so couldn't save them. 😭 One has pipped a little but it's been a few days so I'm losing hope on that one. One never pipped at all. But these babies survived and are doing splendidly!
168660313_10157481557216511_5270779865892470483_n.jpg

Your ducklings are beautiful ❤️I candled the eggs yesterday, and they are all keep going. In the past, I had some quitters just before lockdown. I also had ducklings pipping on the wrong end, and I assisted. To be honest, I assit when I figure that they cannot get out on their own. My last hatch last year was Welsh Harlequins, and I have 4 that died after they were almost out on their own. I posted here to find some answers as I was frustrated. Sometimes, there is not much that we could have done...

Attachments

• 44FAD717-18B1-4CDE-ADEC-8622571784F1.jpeg
    44FAD717-18B1-4CDE-ADEC-8622571784F1.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 1
Your ducklings are beautiful ❤️I candled the eggs yesterday, and they are all keep going. In the past, I had some quitters just before lockdown. I also had ducklings pipping on the wrong end, and I assisted. To be honest, I assit when I figure that they cannot get out on their own. My last hatch last year was Welsh Harlequins, and I have 4 that died after they were almost out on their own. I posted here to find some answers as I was frustrated. Sometimes, there is not much that we could have done...
Yeah. Unfortunately since I had them in egg cartons I just thought they were quitters. I'm super bummed, I heard peeping even but thought it came from the egg that had pipped. I would have assisted if I'd known! That last egg hatched today though after externally pipping 2 days ago. I'm glad little Hamilton here didn't throw away their shot!
170795338_10157483076146511_7290607799668181323_n.jpg

Yeah. Unfortunately since I had them in egg cartons I just thought they were quitters. I'm super bummed, I heard peeping even but thought it came from the egg that had pipped. I would have assisted if I'd known! That last egg hatched today though after externally pipping 2 days ago. I'm glad little Hamilton here didn't throw away
Yeah. Unfortunately since I had them in egg cartons I just thought they were quitters. I'm super bummed, I heard peeping even but thought it came from the egg that had pipped. I would have assisted if I'd known! That last egg hatched today though after externally pipping 2 days ago. I'm glad little Hamilton here didn't throw away their shot! View attachment 2608943
My incubator is also a hatcher, so I will place them there when they will start piping. I was tempted to let them to hatch as they are, but I’m afraid that they may get hurt after coming out of the egg as is plastic no carton. Sorry you lost some, but let’s say the stronger ducklings came out, which it’s also good to preserve this breed.

Lockdown period started. Some of the eggs from you Kerry started moving ❤️I tossed one out 2 days ago as it was a quitter😢 but still have 18 on the incubator!

Lockdown period started. Some of the eggs from you Kerry started moving ❤️I tossed one out 2 days ago as it was a quitter😢 but still have 18 on the incubator!
Awwwww yay! Bummer about that one but still thrilled you have 18 going into lockdown. ❤️ Can't wait to see the little ones! Note that their beaks will seem straight at first but will start drooping within a week or so. Mine all have straight beaks at the moment (less than a week old) but the person who hatched mine a week before me now has droopy beaks!

Awwwww yay! Bummer about that one but still thrilled you have 18 going into lockdown. ❤️ Can't wait to see the little ones! Note that their beaks will seem straight at first but will start drooping within a week or so. Mine all have straight beaks at the moment (less than a week old) but the person who hatched mine a week before me now has droopy beaks!
I saw some Hookbill ducklings pictures and indeed, they all had straight beaks. I cannot wait to have them out under a heater plate😂

Yes one!!! I have pipping from the others but not hatched... I will give them 1 more day to decide coming on their own😂
If there are pips I'd give em a liiiittle more time, one of mine was about 48 hours between pip and hatch but he's doing great now! Please continue to keep me posted. I'm excited for you!

Back
Top Bottom