Looking for information on breeding Sizzles..........

sarahssizzles

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
Cave Creek
As I'm kind of new to the world of chickens and have developed this addiction..I mean... interest in breeding Sizzles, I could use some imput on the hows & whats of getting stable lines of nice quality Sizzles. Has anyone nailed this down yet or is it mostly still a gamble?

I currently have 4 roosters "working" on this. My Frizzle in with my Silkies, my Silkie in with smooth crosses, my Smooth cross in with my frizzled crosses & my Frilkie (frizzled silkie) with some more smooth crosses. My two best Sizzle hens were with a Silkie roo untill this week when he went off to the fair. I'm just starting to get chicks from these pairings and am anxious/excited to see what I get.

Would love to hear what's working for you if your willing to share!

Sarah

I thought a frizzled silkie was a sizzle
hu.gif

that goes to show you how much I know

Just out of curiosity exactly what would make waht is really a mutt chicken "nice quality"?

Wow...that was a harsh response... Its the same as a nonsense being a recognized dog breed. It's a Lhasa Apso crossed with a pekineese. Or the newer "mutt" breeds as you call it...puggles, labradoodles, etc.
I got some sizzle eggs and regular silkies in the incubator right now. Mutts are cute!

Quote:
Just whatever people want these days. People want birds that are going to stand out. And that is what you get when you make sizzles. Sizzle popularity is getting big.

Back
Top Bottom