Looking for my first flock in Atlanta, Georgia

Words&Stuff

Hatching
8 Years
Nov 29, 2011
Hi all, I'm new here and to the chicken rearing world. Thanks for all the information you've posted, I've learned a lot here in the past 2 weeks. I live out in Conyers, Georgia (just west of Atlanta) and today I've just finished converting one of my horse stalls into a chicken coop. I can't believe how little these critters cost to start up and keep! I'm very excited now as going out to find some chickens seems to be the next step.

I would post this on the "Wanted to Buy" forum but unfortunately I haven't plugged in my requisite 10 posts, instead I've been stealthily researching here. Not being very vocal has bitten me in the rear, so here I am without chickens and in desperate need of a good source. Ideally I'd love to go out and visit a poultry show/swap to see all of them and learn more, but apparently I've just barely missed all of them, gahh! I've definitely gotten into this in the wrong dang season.

If anyone has any information about any shows or swaps in the next week or two, please let me know! Otherwise I could really use some help finding some hens, pullets or just recently laying ones. I want to start with 4-6 (or more) chickens. Breeds that I've been especially drawn to (online) are the white leghorns, easter eggers, cochins, polish, and silkies. I would prefer to support the local farms and breeders. Thanks for your help!

Respectfully,
William

welcome-byc.gif

Words&Stuff :

Hi all, I'm new here and to the chicken rearing world. Thanks for all the information you've posted, I've learned a lot here in the past 2 weeks. I live out in Conyers, Georgia (just west of Atlanta) and today I've just finished converting one of my horse stalls into a chicken coop. I can't believe how little these critters cost to start up and keep! I'm very excited now as going out to find some chickens seems to be the next step.

I would post this on the "Wanted to Buy" forum but unfortunately I haven't plugged in my requisite 10 posts, instead I've been stealthily researching here. Not being very vocal has bitten me in the rear, so here I am without chickens and in desperate need of a good source. Ideally I'd love to go out and visit a poultry show/swap to see all of them and learn more, but apparently I've just barely missed all of them, gahh! I've definitely gotten into this in the wrong dang season.

If anyone has any information about any shows or swaps in the next week or two, please let me know! Otherwise I could really use some help finding some hens, pullets or just recently laying ones. I want to start with 4-6 (or more) chickens. Breeds that I've been especially drawn to (online) are the white leghorns, easter eggers, cochins, polish, and silkies. I would prefer to support the local farms and breeders. Thanks for your help!

Respectfully,
William

Welcome to BYC. Post here in the Georgia thread. You'll get responses about chickens swap meets, breeders near you. Good luck.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=121387&p=175

Back
Top Bottom