Looking for New Chicks in IA

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Ellochicken, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Ellochicken

Ellochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2012
    Hey BYC!
    I've been looking into getting some new little chicks to add to our family, and I need your help! I've been looking online, and I can't find any that ship that have a minimum order of 15 or more! I can only have 6, so I need another solution. Let me know of anyone you might know around Des Moines or that can ship us 6 chicks or chosen breeds.
    Thanks so much!

-Ellochicken[​IMG]

P.S- If you need any other information, just let me know in the comment section! Thanks!

2. 4stakes

4stakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2012
    Baileyville, IL
    Check with McMurray in Webster City, maybe you could pick them up there?

3. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    Ideal would let you order just 6. I ordered 8 just make plans for the packing peanuts the send usual whatever extra males they have that day. Give them away someone will take free chicks. I have 4 buff brahmas bantam (large bantam breed about 3 to 4 lbs) 4 regular EE grogel.. vaccinated $41 with shipping.

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Meyer hatchery lets you as few as 3 I think , def. less than 15 , starting 4/1 of each year. TSC chick days should be starting end of February and their minimum purchase is usually 6 chicks.

5. misbhaven

misbhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    sandhill,murray,whelp,hoover, SCHLECHT FARM & HATCHERY 9749 500TH AVENUE MILES, IOWA 52064,Sun Ray Chicks Hatchery Hazleton Iowa..one of these is bound to be with in decent driving distance for you to buy a small number of chicks...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by