Looking for pictures of inside YOUR coops...

This is great. I like the idea of shelving for roosts. I don't think what we have will work very well, so I want to re-do them before the kids figure out they're not supposed to sleep on the floor.

Here is my coop, me and my dad built it together.

000_0041.jpg

000_0043.jpg

100_0449.jpg

000_0042.jpg

000_0027.jpg

100_0438.jpg

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/chichirme/?action=view&current=102_0543.flv

100_2142.jpg

Here's the inside of my chicken coop. It's old as it is also an old ranch. Years ago my late mother in law used this part for her chicken coop. I added the nest boxes under the window that I built without hubby's help. I need to add more roosts and clean the junk out of it. So still lots of work ahead of me. It houses 22 hens right now, but will be adding more to the flock as the babies are 3 weeks now and there's 54 of them.

A few pics of mine

back of coop
chicken018.jpg

Son feeding chickens
chicken013.jpg

Recyling at it's best!!!
chicken022.jpg

Even Kitty Litter container at Use! Knew those cats would come in handy some day!
woot.gif

chicken024.jpg

Here's a couple of shots of our home. We have our owners trained so well. Every couple of weeks they come out and add on something. We've got it made in the shade here in The Sunshine State. This one is just a little window.
IMG_0087.jpg

This is where we sleep at night. The older ones have claimed the top bunk.
IMG_0084.jpg

These are the nesting boxes. One homemade. One store bought.
IMG_0082.jpg

Finally you can see the front. We started last year with a little dog house and a critter pen attached. With many experiments they finally figured out what we want.
We're thinking about a hot tub next......WHAT DO YOU CHICKS OUT THERE THINK?
IMG_0089.jpg

Goodness, these chickens are living the life of luxary! Its so nice that so many of you have so much space. I especially like the old ranch one - so much space, im really jealous!

BigR,
I love the pics and was wondering you have nest boxes side by side and stacked, which one do you find your chickens like using the most?
I am still building my coop and trying to figure things out lay and size.

Quote:
That is GREAT!!!! I currently have mine in a Freebie doghouse with a wire dog crate attached! I love how open and airy yours is.

Tonya

BTW we started building the new run today so they will have a dog house with a real run soon.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom