Looking for probiotic recommendations

Tiana's chickens

Songster
Dec 7, 2017
hi everyone, I'm looking for a probiotic complex that will boost the immune systems of my chooks after antibiotics. Can anyone recommend anything?

I've seen some people recommend Probios. I think Big 'Ol Bird has a poultry probiotic/poultry supplement. Look for those in your local feed store. I'm sure you can order online too. Do a bit of reading to make sure the products are right for your situation.

You can use a little yogurt (about 1tsp for each chicken).

I have used Probios powder; it helped with vent gleet, but it is not cheap. I also used it to make cultures so that it would go farther. It was a good, fast starter for fermented feed which I keep going like a sourdough culture. I think the fermented feed provides enough probiotic flora all on its own, but if I thought a chicken needed something more I might buy it again, or just use some yogurt or kombucha,

Rooster booster makes a probiotic/vitamin powder you can add to their water. I buy it at Tractor supply. Yogurt might be your easiest bet though if you just need it for a couple days of probiotics...
I tried the fermented feed thing a few times, they really liked it but my fermentation batch would always eventually turn bad so i gave up on that...

I have had that problem-fermentation going south- also. I started keeping my bucket in a corner of the kitchen with a lid on it, and it lasts much longer before I feel like I need to use it all up and start again. I have been using my kombucha dregs and used SCOBY disks that I don't want to brew again, and those seem to make a nicer smelling culture which lasts a long time. I'm lucky to have an older home with a big kitchen meant to be really a work place, so there's room for all this stuff to be out of the way.

Gro2Max is a probiotic powder that can be used in either water or feed.
It is formulated specifically for chickens. It contains both yeasts and bacteria.
It goes into my chicks' first water and after the first couple weeks, I put it into adult water every couple weeks.
I believe it was developed in Egypt.
http://gro2max.com/

Back
Top Bottom