Looking for Processing facility in South Mississippi

michelleiler

Hatching
10 Years
Jan 7, 2010
Vancleave
Our next batch of chicks will be meat birds. We are looking for a processing facility or individual in South Mississippi that can assist us in processing our birds.

I'm not sure where you can get your birds processed, but how many do you have and what breed(s) do you have? I process my own, but I never do more than two or three at a time.

I also live in Vancleave.

Nobody is North MS will process them either. They told me it had something to do with the USDA and cross contamination. I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and do the deed myself eventually.

I'm in Starkville and couldn't find a processor either.......I ended up buying a Featherman plucker and made the cones and now process my own. I wish there was a portable processor that could go farm to farm like other parts of the country have......but Ms is always at least 10 years behind the rest of the country! lol (but i kinda like it that way!)

This is the only information that I have found on your question.

Ponderosa Processing
300 Ponderosa Ave
DeKalb, MS 39326
601-743-2626
USDA inspected. They process anything (poultry, livestock, ratites, etc) but not
waterfowl. Cost for birds is $2.10 including packaging with cryopac bags and labels.
They take a minimum of 250 birds and maximum 800 birds with plans to expand their
capacity.

Back
Top Bottom