Looking for real Araucana pullets

beerguzzler

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 3, 2008
Houston TX
Hi all, I really want some blue eggs to go along with my green eggs. Does anyone out there know where I can get Araucana pullets? I don't want the expense of a brooder, supplies, chick feed and such so I am looking for 5-6 month old pullets. Anybody know where I can get some? I am located in the Houston Texas area. I have no idea if shipping a bird of that age is a good/bad idea but if it is ok I don't mind getting one via mail.

I have some that are about that age. I am not sure which hens are laying the blue & which are laying the green since they have stopped for winter. I am willing to trade them for a few black copper maran hens for my son but might sell them. I live in WV

When you say "real araucana", do you really mean it? Are you looking for the birds with no tails -- true, tufted and rumpless araucanas -- or are you actually looking for Ameraucanas or Easter Eggers?

True araucanas are hard to find, and not cheap. Ameraucanas/Easter Eggers -- which have tails, and have beards and muffs rather than ear tufts -- are much easier to find, much cheaper, and still lay a nice blue or green egg.

There's a lot of confusion around these terms, so make sure you really know what you're looking for!

Well Easter eggers can lay a blue. But you really won't know until they lay
lol.png
I have a EE that is one of my best layers. And the blue is so pretty. Then my other EE lays a huge jumbo olive green.

If you live in Houston, PM pasofinofarms (Melissa) she should getting some more beautiful blue eggs again soon from her Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas...

.... and as so as we get a bator, we are ordering from her again.

Amazondoc - Yep, I am looking for True Araucana's

Mahonri and Devan, Thanks for the info. I will try those avenues.

Ajcress, If you figure out which are laying blue and want to sell, please contact me.

Back
Top Bottom