Looking for several bantam hens/pullets in central Indiana

gracieracer

Songster
13 Years
Oct 6, 2008
Indianapolis
Bantam hens of *any breed* seem as scarce as...well... hens' teeth around here!
smile.png

OR, if anyone's interested in buying some true bantam rumpless araucana eggs w/me (and will take the roosters), I'll get my incubator plugged in......

Are you willing to come to northern Va. because I have a whole whole bunch, including 4 week old chicks of various kinds. I work at a fall festival taking care of the chickens, rabbits and other poultry. They will need good homes after Oct. 31. They're free, too. BUT you must promise they will not be stuffed into overcrowded conditions and that they will have access to grass, some free ranging, etc. Let me know if you want to work something out. Here's where they are: http://www.coxfarms.com/

I have quite a lot of young pullets, under 5 weeks old. I am originally from Rensselaer,IN and I'm about 5&1/2 hours from there. All mine are either blue or black, and some have red specks on them. Beautiful countryside, if you don't mind the road trip!

Last edited:
Where abouts IN are you? Im only 3 miles from OH line. I have a few pullets I would part with. You can PM me if you would like........................

Thanks all, unfortunately I have to stick close to central Indy for the time being due to work (self-employed, on-call every day until the end of the month).

A roadtrip *anywhere* sure sounds like a lot of fun, esp. w/gas prices coming down!
big_smile.png

I live in Indianapolis, but the only bantam I have is a Silkie, and my kids would never forgive me if I gave her away. Sorry I can't be of more help. I generally only do standard breeds. However, in the spring I will be putting in orders for meat chickens, if you want to wait until then, I can tack some bantams on my order for you. I usually order from Welp.

Yellowdragon-----------where are you???? I would love to have some turken bantams, I have a few, they are all white. What colors are your?

Hey ED. its me(midnightsilkie)
we met at chicken stock in knox. We are a pretty good distance apart. about 4 hours from Knox.
The colors are (3 hens, one kinda sure roo) white with buff and black feathers mixed in alittle bit, (1hen) buff with white tips, (1 roo) gray and buff cuckoo, (1 roo) dark grey and brown, (1 hen) grey with white tips.

Back
Top Bottom