Looking for solutions: feeding and watering

So I'm looking at a brute 20 gal food grade or a 32gal. The price difference is 10 dollars.

Pros and cons to bigger smaller? Opinions? The 32g is more money and of course bigger. So will take up more room in the run but potentially need filled less times in the winter and a stock tank deicer should be fine. The 20g seems .ore manageable/smaller in run and possibly better for summer because they'd go through it faster. I could always fill the 32 gall half to 2/3rds full in the summer though.

How do raise something this big though? I guess multiple bricks?

Any input? I need to make this purchase. They are going through a gallon a day and I hate taking water out there. Lol.
I have a 275 gal poly tote supported on CMUs, works fine. The larger the reservior, the longer it takes to freeze - or to warm up. Both are conveniences. The darker the color, the less UV penetration, the slower algae will grow in it. Also a benefit.

I would (and did) opt for bigger. Twice. Mine are rain filled - not really an option for you - so I never have to tote water, unless I've emptied it for cleaning. Same thing I've been saying all along.

Back
Top Bottom